Effective Date: June 1st 2016
SnappHelp™ collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. This Privacy Statement applies to information collected and used by SnappHelp Inc.
Scope and Application
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to persons anywhere in the world who use our apps or Services.
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, location information, profile picture, profile information, skills/services you may provide to other users, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
Location Information: If you permit the SnappHelp™ app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may collect the precise location of your device when the app is running in the foreground or background. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address. This location data is used by SnappHelp™ to reach out to on-demand service providers in and around your location, if you select Phone Location based searches.
Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, any other private communication that you may have with potential service providers, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, and other related transaction details.
Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, software versions, preferred language, unique device identifier, and mobile network information.
Communication Data: Our Services facilitate communications between service requestors and service providers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive textual data, including the date and time of the message, and the content of the message.
Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Important Information about Platform Permissions
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. And these platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the SnappHelp™ app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices will notify you of the permissions that the SnappHelp™ app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- When you request on-demand services, other users may provide us with a User Rating after providing services to you.
- You may also provide a User Rating for the users who provided services to you.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to users, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
- Send or facilitate communications between service requestors and service providers;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of SnappHelp™ and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
Through Our Services
We may share your information:
- With other users of SnappHelp™ to enable them to provide the services/skills you request. For example, we share your name, profile picture and information (if you provide it), average User Rating given by other users of SnappHelp™;
- With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
Other Important Sharing
We may share your information:
Sharing of Information
We may share your information:
- With SnappHelp™ subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our User agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SnappHelp™ or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
Account Information: You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
Access Rights: SnappHelp™ will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
Location Information: We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
We are not fans of advertising. SnappHelp™ is currently ad-free and we hope to keep it that way forever. We have no intention to introduce advertisement into the product, but if we ever do, will update this section.
Our Commitment to Data Security
SnappHelp™ uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to SnappHelp™ and you do so at your own risk. Using unsecured wifi or other unprotected networks to submit messages through the SnappHelp™ Service is never recommended. Once we receive your transmission of information, SnappHelp™ makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If SnappHelp™ learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. SnappHelp™ may post a notice on the SnappHelp™ Site or through the SnappHelp™ Services if a security breach occurs.
Special Note to International Users
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. SnappHelp™ does not intend to share your personally identifiable information with third parties.
Changes to the Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write us at SnappHelp Inc., Attn: Legal, PO Box 70531, Marietta, GA-30007- 0531, USA.